Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bear Gear: Update

Well, the last post I made about gear was my wish list. A lot has happened since then. So here is a little update to what I have gotten since then, and where it came from.

So the day after I posted my wishlist I had three craftable items on my list that I immediatly went home and bought the mats to to bolster my gear level and get things moving a little faster. They were as follows.

Polar Vest
Durable Nerubhide Cape
Titanium Earthguard Ring

I wasn't able to get the Ring crafted by anyone in Band of Misfits because no one was online at the time with the recipe. But a big thanks to Asarune for crafting me the Chest and Cloak. I appreciate it a lot.

So the runs then began to get gear from the instances and to collect emblems along the way. After six runs, one in which the trinket in question dropped but I lost the roll to my buddy Kochanski, I finally was able to pick up The Black Heart. The leather hands that I want from there never dropped but I got tired of it after six straight runs and decided to move on.

So after those normal runs, and their lack of emblems, I headed over to the new ICC 5 mans. With all the gear I had acquired up to the start of Forge of Souls, it wasn't too hard to tank them on normal. Me and some of the guys from Band of Misfits made our way through Forge of Souls and unlocked Pit of Saron for me. I then proceeded to run Pit of Saron about 5 or 6 times and the ring I was trying to get from Garfrost never dropped. I was able to pick up Garfrost's Two-Ton Hammer which was an upgrade from the staff I had from leveling in Gundrak.

Yesterday was also a very good day for my bear tanking gear status. I was able to get into a guild run of the weekly raid. We downed the first two bosses and I was able to pick up a Signet of the Earthshaker from XT-002 Deconstructor. After I turned in the weekly raid quest and got all my emblems, I then jumped into a 25-man ToC group with the guild and was able to pick up Drape of the Untamed Predator. So a pretty good haul for the day right?

Well, before I logged I decide to look at some emblem gear since I had a good chunk of emblems built up. So I decided to turn some Emblems of Triumph into Emblems of Conquest and drop them on Idol of the Corruptor which then earned me the achievement Superior. So all in all, yesterday was a very good day.

Next up on the list, earning Malfurion's Handgrips of Conquest from emblems while trying to find a good leather wrist item.

Til the next installment... you stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment